Comics We Like
We love comics, especially indie mini-comics. There's a ton of comics we love that we didn't publish and want to share them with you!
The comics below, listed in no particular order, are print and digital mini-comics that are self-published, webcomics, published by an indie press, or originally featured in an anthology.
Support comic creators by following them, sharing their work, and *buying* their work! <3
- The blurbs are listed under each row of comics.
- Any comic with "(CW)" noted at the end of the blurb has a content warning. Most of the comic pages list the content warnings, so please read the full description.
- We aren't taking submissions for comics on this page, we prefer to find them organically.
- We asked each creator permission to feature them on this page.
- PWYW means "pay what you want", most comics have a suggested base price on the page.
- Love In Space: Follow Mimi on her adventure to see if she'll find love in space.
- UM: An aspiring birth-worker finds themselves mixed up in a millennia-old conflict between the powers that be. CW: Nudity
- The Unlucky Ones and the Edge of Nowhere (TUOATEON): Lúcio and Sonia decide to leave their lives behind and go on a road trip after struggling to control destructive powers they’ve suddenly gained.
- CTRL OPTION SHIFT: When a helpful AI goes to retrieve information requested by a hacker, how can she know what is free will and what is a program?
- Cut Open: A comic about Kameron's top surgery journey and his thoughts about the process, and what he wants other people who want top surgery to know.
- Fart Stories: Stories about farting in inappropriate places.
- My Voice: An artist, looking for an answer to their struggles, visits a fortune teller. CW: implied assault
- Darlin' and Her Other Names - Part 1: Marta: The first installment of a werewolf-western-horror-romance comic set across Colorado and Kansas in 1881. CW: violence, gore
- Where I End and You Begin: Bobbi receives a cursed letter from their estranged friend and chooses to see them once again.
- smallness: A young engineer struggles to cope with a mistake that sends her dreams crashing down around her.
- Living Heroes: Short stories starring beloved Marvel heroines living in a superhero kind of world who are glad to have their girls.
- Tetra2u Chapter 1: Tetra's Joint: i was at the shop and this really cute cutie came in and it was love at first sight. if ur out there INBOX ME! xoxo, tetra <3 (CW)
- NIGHT THINGS: Two teenage witches use glamour magic during their school's Valentine's Day dance.
- M I M O S A: A horror comic featured in the BLACK WATER Horror Anthology. CW: Body horror, gore
- Real Chinese Food: A comic about diaspora identity, shame, racism, and assimilation.
- Love Fool: Maria agrees to find more customers for two girls from a love-for-hire agency in exchange for them finding her true love.
- LA ENFERMEDAD: In an inpatient program, Naomi struggles with identity, reality, and trauma. A mysterious gateway beckons. CW: Child abuse, self-harm, and insects
- Itching, Itching: A Black woman's apartment starts shrinking after her white neighbor moves in.
- First Moon Final Sun: A comic about things we bury deep down.
- I Thought I Saw A Deer Last Night: A man nearly runs over a creature in the middle of the night, and ends up following it deep into the woods. CW: Gore
- Rhapsodie: A rising superstar who seems to be hiding something, and a journalist who wants to find out what that is. CW: Gore
- Girls Steal Your Beauty: Several feminist horror mini-comics on the theme of the author's fears of motherhood, childhood, and aging. CW: Suicidal ideation, violence, birth trauma, death
- The Bride's Quarry: The Bride is on a very important quest. It will lead her over mountains and earn her a new friend.
- Lakeview Crew: Heavy Holidays: A one-page comic about a girl talking to her incarcerated mother for Christmas over the phone.
- Speak Africanismos: This comic explores the African roots and presence in the Spanish language.
- I Am Enough: A one-page comic about being enough.
- Bad Blood: A short comic about kids, mosquitoes, and sin.
- Knew She Could Do It: She knew her friend could do it.
- STLT: KIT must decide if they should descend to Earth to restart life or live within a satellite monitored by an AI.
- Cheeseit: Small Rat, Strange City: We follow bike courier, Cheeseit, as she pedals around the neighborhood, delivering packages to various clients.
- How are you really?: About community, chronic illness, self-worth, and platonic love.
- Oyin and Kojo: A Black-British cartoon series about a young couple that captures hilarious and relatable moments.
- Stories from the Boogie Down: An excerpt from a collection of short stories depicting the hilarious uniqueness that is the Bronx, New York.
- Resenter: Chapter 1: After Jackie is killed she wakes up in a transitional space where she meets a Ripper who presents her with a tantalizing offer.
- Bytchcraft: Three queer Black wytches experience a journey into self-discovery.
- Flower Girls: What happens to magical girls after they stop being girls?
- The Foyer: The Foyer is the anteroom of the afterlife. An unnamed guardian greets the dead who are about to be sorted into heaven, hell, or somewhere else entirely.
- Face Fatigue: A body and psychological horror comic about having a flawed relationship with yourself and looking for saviors in media and beauty standards.