To purchase Arrive In My Hands by Trinidad Escobar, please visit our Gumroad shop (which allows for the sale of adult content).
Please note that this book contains nudity and adult content and is for readers 18+ only.
Arrive In My Hands is a 120-page collection of Queer erotica comics by award-winning artist Trinidad Escobar (Be Gay Do Comics, The New Yorker, Ode to Keisha). It features 22 color erotic comics, poem-comics, and illustrations beautifully written and illustrated by the Filipina cartoonist, poet, and musician.
The 120-page erotica collection includes 7 brand new comics, 5 new illustrations, and 11 newly colored comics that were previously published by Trinidad.
With this unapologetic book, Trinidad Escobar hopes to add to the growing conversations on Queerness, gender, liberation; and, she invites others to Arrive at liberation within themselves.
About the book
Using poetry comics and speculative comics, Trinidad Escobar explores the power of the erotic and her demisexual lesbian experience. These comics play and tease the reader with doses of temptation, waves of fantasy, and a bit of magic.
The artist finds the erotic, unexpectedly, in apocalyptic scenes, touchless sex, revenge, voyeurism, and even decay. Trinidad invites others to Arrive as their whole being, sensitive to the world within themselves.
There are few books on Filipinas and lesbian identity due to centuries of systematic attempts to "tame" the Filipina. For many generations, this "taming" robbed, and continues to rob, Filipino people of sexual and gender identities. LGBTQ people continue to be marginalized and oppressed as subcultures within Filipino communities, including those in the diaspora. Those in power use the privileges of sex and gender to carry out oppressive practices including silencing and erasure.
Arrive In My Hands is also Trinidad Escobar’s rebellion and response to the violent images of the hypersexualized and submissive Asian woman. As well as an exploration of eroticism and demisexuality, free of colonial shame and judgment.
Awards and Accolades:
- Nominated for Best Comic Collection by Ignatz Awards 2022
- Nominated for Promising New Talent by Ignatz Awards 2022
- Nominated for Breakout Talent and Best One Shot for the Broken Frontier Awards 2022
- Favorite Small Press Books of 2022 | Women Write About Comics
- REVIEW: Arrive In My Hands: Queer Erotic Comics is Poetic Magic | WWAC
- The Breadth of Trinidad Escobar's Arrive In My Hands | Hello Barkada
- "Allowed" with Guest Trinidad Escobar | Hello Barkada
- Arrive in My Hands – Trinidad Escobar’s Collection of Queer Erotica and Poetry Comics is a Liberating Triumph | Broken Frontier
- Here's a queer erotic comic told through the gaze of a gay Filipina-American poet | Manila Bulletin
- The Rundown: January 18, 2022 | Multiversity Comics